Come. Stay. Here.
Looking for a romantic getaway? A secluded retreat? We live in a uniquely sited place that will soothe your spirit. Come to relax, to explore, to read, to unwind.
• We offer two queen-size bedrooms on the second floor of the house; both with private bath.
• There is a large common room with comfortable chairs for reading, or enjoying a cup of tea by the fire (in season). In summer, you can enjoy sitting on the deck - especially nice as evening comes on.
• There are trails just outside the door to work off the stress of your day with a run or walk in the 5000 acre Forest Park.
• Watch the birds at the feeders... 5 species of woodpeckers visit our suet! and there are many seasonal as well as resident visitors.
Our home sits on the edge of Forest Park in NW Portland, which makes it feels as if you were miles and miles from no-where, and yet is 5 minutes by car from the night-life and shops of the Nob Hill area, and the city public transit system.
We are deeply involved in the stewardship of the forest, and reducing the impacts that the house and guests will have on the ecosystem. Our home has solar panels for hot water and electrical generation. It is heated by an air-source heat pump. Foods and drinks served are sourced locally, supporting small businesses as much as possible. Guest service incorporates environmentally responsible products for personal use and laundry, recycling, and conscious choice. 10% of profits are tithed in support of on-going maintenance and protection of Forest Park and it's animals and birds.
• 600 ct bed linens with feather pillows (or not if you have an allergy).
• Responsible toiletries.
• Hair Dryer.
• Because of stairs we are not an accessible site.
• We have a dog and a cat. We do not allow pets in the bedrooms, ever.
• AT&T and Verizon provide good cellular coverage, T-Mobile and Sprint do not.
• HDTV in common space.
• WiFi (but with a slow DSL connection; so movies/ Skype will be spotty). If you need lightning fast internet, a personal hot-spot is a good idea.
• There is no nearby public transit. But you can walk into NW Portland in 40 minutes through the woods.
• 420 friendly, but no indoor smoking of tobacco or cannabis, vaping indoors is OK.
• Breakfast is provided to meet any dietary needs.
The room rate includes breakfast and 12.3% lodging taxes.