We live in a magical place.
Come. Stay. Here.
- We offer two distinctive guest rooms, each with private bath.
- There is a common room with comfortable chairs for reading, or enjoying a cup of tea by the fire (in season). In summer, you can enjoy sitting on the deck as evening comes on.
- There are trails just outside the door to work off the stress of your day with a run or walk.
- Watch the birds at the feeders... 5 species of woodpeckers visit our suet!
- Breakfasts are made fresh for you, and can be adapted to any food preference or need.. Gluten free? Vegan? No Onions? Just let us know...
Run or walk on trails from the front door of the house, on paths for as far as you care to go! 1, 3, and 5 mile loops are simple to make. You can walk through the woods and into the NW Thurman area to a popular French bakery in 40 minutes. The gardens provide food and flowers, as well as homes for small animals. There are short walking paths to meditative woodland vistas.
Come to Learn:
Forest Park is a magnificent resource for residents and visitors alike. Its future depends on the personal stewardship gained from appreciation of its magic; and that can only be developed by spending time within it… Listening, watching.
Guidebooks are around for identification of native trees, flowers, birds, and animals… and conversations about invasive species can lead to deeper insight and possible action. The bee hives are a source of conversation (and honey).
The hosts are deeply involved in the stewardship of the forest, and reducing the impacts that the house and guests will have on the ecosystem. The home has solar panels for hot water and electrical generation. It is heated by an air-source heat pump. Foods and drinks served are sourced locally, supporting small businesses. Guest service incorporates environmentally responsible products for personal use and laundry, recycling, and conscious choice. 10% of profits are tithed in support of on-going maintenance and protection of Forest Park.
- HDTV in shared spaces.
- 600 ct bed linens with feather pillows (or not, if you have an allergy).
- Fluffy Bath-sheet towels, hair dryer, responsible toiletries.
- Because of stairs we are not an accessible site.
- There is no nearby public transit.
- Breakfast will be prepared to meet your dietary needs.
- We have a dog and a cat.
- The house uses a satellite dish for its WIFI internet, which means that there is a three second delay built into any transmission. So no movies, large downloads or gaming. It is sometimes effected by bad weather.
- The house also uses a satellite for TV; a DVR makes recording shows possible, but it has no internet connection for gaming or on-demand movies.
One a medium sized room on the ground floor with a queen bed, and private bath with tub and shower. $144.95/night - includes room tax and breakfast, of course!
One a medium sized room on the second floor, with a queen sized bed. and a private bath with shower. $139.38/night - includes room tax and breakfast, of course!